Top ten tips to help businesses get off to a flying start
You want to be your own boss and now you’re wondering just how to get the business rolling. Regus, the world’s leading provider of flexible workplaces, has had decades of experience helping entrepreneurs work the way they want, where they want. Michael Barth, Vice President at Regus, shares his top ten tips for anyone starting a new business.
1. Write a proper business plan. It will help to focus and define your goals and business targets for year one.
2. Research your market. This will tell you whether your business has the potential to grow and if there’s demand for your product or services.
3. Talk to the experts. Get as much information and advice as you can.
4. Open a business account. It’s essential to keep your personal and business banking separate.
5. Choose the right company name. Make sure it’s memorable, professional, unique and fits your market.
6. Find the best location. Whether you are working from home, on the road or from an office, consider a virtual offices to ensure that the address and location is right for your business.
7. Project the right business image. Create a good impression with a professional telephone manner, welcoming receptionist and efficient message handling service.
8. Recruit the right team. Choose professionals who are efficient and reliable, and present a quality image.
9. Meet clients in the right place. Choose a venue that’s dedicated to business, with onsite support services that aid productivity.
10. Make sure your workspace grows with you. Find one that can be scaled up or down to meet your business needs.
Regus is the world’s leading global provider of flexible workplaces, with products and services ranging from fully equipped offices to professional meeting rooms, business lounges and the world’s largest network of video communication studios. It has operated in Ireland since 1996 and has 4 business centres across the country in Cork and Dublin.
For more information on Regus and our products please visit www.regus.ie
Date: May 10, 2011