It’s tough out there. Most companies have been forced to cut spending. Employees are being shown the door in increasingly alarming numbers. And marketing budgets getting smaller!!!
Smart marketers know that recessions also present opportunities that don’t exist when times are good. Here are some ‘budget conscious’ advice to give your marketing initiatives maximum impact:
• Focus on unparalleled customer service as your top priority. Why do people keep coming back to Amazon? Unparalleled customer service.
• Ensure your website offers a customer-friendly experience.
• Partner and Partner again to reach more customers
• Negotiate, Negotiate, and Negotiate…media outlets are fighting over shrinking advertising budgets. Get your media agency to make opportunities happen
• Build your brand – both corporate and personal via social networking. Time to actually create that corporate and/or personal blog. And update it regularly (at least once per week). If you are not on LinkedIn – do it now! You should also be considering a Twitter feed in order to put a person behind your thoughts and insights.
Date: October 8, 2010